Saturday, December 12, 2009

Brisbane v Adelaide 8pm tonight

I hope I am surprised about how big the crowd is for this match. I fear that I will not be.

Does anyone else find this funny:
'Brisbane Roar coach Ange Postecoglou has been thrown in the deep end since taking over, but things have begun to settle and glimpses of the consistent team fans know are starting to re-emerge once more.' Fiona Bollen Australian Football Weekly December 12, 2009.
My read is that most fans have no idea who this guy is. And they certainly have no idea why he is getting rid of the most popular players in the team.

The A-League is in the entertainment business. Not the 'play the right way' or 'behave the right way business.'

With Craig Moore already saying publicly he wants to leave the Roar in January - and despite the club's disparate attempts to say otherwise - he doesn't want to play for them next year (unless they give him Ange's job). I think the Roar will have trouble keeping and hiring talent next year.

No comments: