If the Roar had been playing like this at the start of the season they would have won the premiership.
Both teams shut each other down with class triangles and short passing game. Only right at the end did Adelaide resort to bombing the ball forward.
Highlights of note:
- a great save stopped Van Dijk taking the win with a great header
- a lack of a left foot let Mitch down as an open goal beckoned and he shuffled from left foot to right.
- Zullo missed a great set-up from Robbie Kruse (yes Robbie was back subbed in for an injured Minniecon, not at his best but some good moves)
- Adelaide fans - over 14,000 - chanted 4-4-2 as their loan strikers where starved of possession and Roar largely kept the ball up in the Adelaide half - 64% possession at half time
- Packer did Tiatto impersonations and tried to get himself sent off with a trip
Both teams seemed ok with a draw.