We have qualified for our 3rd world cup!
This game was outstanding for a number of reasons.
1. Harry Kewell was superb and only the man-of-the- match (official award) by the new Qatar keeper stopped him scoring. He now has superman's body. And he is back to making dashing runs on the left, and the right. He forced at least 3 great saves.
2. Tim Cahill hit the post with a bicycle kick that could have been the goal of the tournament.
3. Qatar were a different and better team and they had up to 40 degree on their side. But remember Tim Cahill played in the FA Final in 42 degree pitch side heat last week, and this game was played at night (they have air conditioning and a roof but I don't think the air was used).
4. Qatar played rough and didn't mind the swinging arm. How about some consistency?
5. Australia dominated possession but couldn't score.
6. Japan beat us to qualification because their game against the Uzbeks was on first. They won 0-1 (should have been 2 but a strange off-side from the rebound of a free kick stopped that).
And a question 'if a tree falls in the forest, does anybody hear?' We have a long way to go to get Australia on its seat about World Cup qualification.