Monday, August 20, 2007

Ready for version 3: Ante Milicic and Stuart McLaren are!





If Ante Milicic and Stuart McLaren can fight father time for one more season, the Roar are going to win this year. Their Australian experience will match Frank's new signings.

Ante's goal against the Solomon Islands was so controlled a tap in from 18 metres, it illustrated his confidence. Stuart has muscled so much I didn't recognise him. He clearly wants in this year.

Danny Tiatto and Craig Moore looked very smooth and obviously know what they are doing. Plus there were surprises from Michael Zullo.

In a few days we will know. Can't wait.

3 comments:

Neil said...

As a Melbourne fan I hope to see a more competitive Roar outfit this time around, although I am worried that not too many squad changes have been made from the first two seasons.

On another note I have a set up a Fox Sports Fantasy A-League private league for bloggers called Blogger Cup at http://aleaguefantasy.foxsports.com.au. Enter the code 11302-1649 to join.

Anonymous said...

Dont be at all surprised by Michael Zullo. He's a class act.

john said...

Thanks Neil I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the tip dch. I hadn't seen him before. We need a young spark.

I am hoping that Marcinho can match Cassio. Still waiting for that. Perhaps I missed something?